Cant Unjailbreak

nahanee20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
everytime i try to jailbreak i get error 1602. I can fix it using the tiny umbrella tool but then i get error 3194. and if i get rid of tht then the other error comes back, does anyone know what im doing wrong? i have a 4s.

Hosei

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
NY, NY
How can this be possible? Maybe you altered the apple server files somewhere in your directories?

PaulyD

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
UK
Reckon Tiny Umbrella is changing your HOSTS file to point towards Cydia servers. Remove the line for that in your HOSTS file (hash it out or just delete it completely) and it should restore fine.

Also untick the box to in Tiny Umbrella to set that on exit.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Error #3194 is an error you get when restoring, not jailbreaking

You cannot restore a 4S to any firmware except current (5.1)

Your host file must be pointed at Apple to restore to 5.1

nahanee20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
im trying to restore to 5.1 now and i still cant does anyone know how i can get rid of the hOST files?

----------

i think i got it i followed the instructions provided and deleted the last line and it looks like its updating

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
im trying to restore to 5.1 now and i still cant does anyone know how i can get rid of the hOST files?

----------

i think i got it i followed the instructions provided and deleted the last line and it looks like its updating
If you get rid of your host file, you will prevent iTunes from working correctly.
Download and install TinyUmbrella, plug up your phone, open TU, Advanced Tab, uncheck point host file at Cydia