Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricecook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
hi..

When I plug my psp and I enbel my flash0 files the folders are lock I can't overwirte the files I want to .. I can unlock only when I open the folderand the files inside can be unlock but when I do that I still can't put overwrite it because the the folder is lock from out side when u view the folder before you open it.. I use command-I then uncheck but won't let me it says the I have no priveliges or something like that.. But when I copy a lock folder from the psp when it is connected to my MacBook and paste it to my desktop I can unlock the folder .. In my pc it don't show my folders being lock..

What settings do I need?
im using MacBook with leopard

Thanks very much..

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
I'm really not sure what you're trying to say, could you perhaps re post your question and make it a little clearer?

ricecook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
I'm really not sure what you're trying to say, could you perhaps re post your question and make it a little clearer?

When I plug my psp and enble USB it pops up on my desktop the folders have lock icons on it i cant unlock it only when i open the folder but when i try to put a file in it wont let me .. I did command-i but it wont unlock.. And if i copy that same folder and paste it to my desktop i can unlock it.. But i cant unlock it from when the psp is plug fron usb..
also I can't uncheck it

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
I don't know anything about PSPs but it seems the problem has to do with the setting on your PSP and not with your Mac. I'd look at the settings on your PSP.

ricecook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
when i enable my psp though usb it pops up on my desktop and when i open it i see all the folders are lock i cant write or delete/copy/paste to it ..but when i plug my psp to my pc it dont show the folders being locked..

i tried typing that ''sudo tflags nouchg'' on the terminal..i relauched finder and and tried it again but same thing i cant do any write/copy/delete/paste..

how can i have it unlock like my pc were it dont show the folders being lock?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
If you're saying you can read but not write to the folders, it's because the PSP's disk format (NTFS?) is readable but not writable by Macs, or at least that's my guess. There is no solution (without 3rd party software at least) unless the PSP also accepts FAT32 as a format.

ricecook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
what thrid party app will work/need so that can unlock/copy/paste..ect..?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.