Can't unlock watch with phone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by NOITAIDAR, Sep 22, 2015.

1. NOITAIDAR macrumors member

NOITAIDAR

Hi all,

Has anyone else had this problem since the iOS 9 update?

My watch is no longer unlocking when I unlock my phone. I found the setting in the Watch app, which asks for a PIN on the watch, but then after successfully entering said PIN, the switch stays in the off position.

I have to enter the PIN on my watch every time I put it on, and can't do it by the phone :-(

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

You surely restarted and/or hard reset both devices before coming here?

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Yes and I have restarted both multiple times; Simultaneously, the watch first then the phone and the phone then the watch. I have given up. However, it seems to require the passcode the first time after an overnight or if the phone falls out of the connectivity range.

4. NOITAIDAR thread starter macrumors member

NOITAIDAR

Naturally

5. vegetassj4, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015

vegetassj4 macrumors regular

vegetassj4

I just had this problem, plus the watch would re-lock while on my wrist. Restarted watch....nothing....force restart, disable/enable bluetooth....nothing.

Restarted phone and watch, got a notice on the watch about the 'no activate when stolen' update or something like that. Went to watch app, unlock with iPhone was now turned off some how. It wouldn't let me change back to on somehow at first, then I had to enter watch passcode twice.

Finally, the watch is now unlocking via phone again. 30 minutes of time wasted.

Apologies for not being able to provide the exact steps.

6. mnewb1 macrumors newbie

mnewb1

I seem to be having the same problem...since the update recently, whenever I raise my wrist the watch is locked again and I need to enter the passcode. I have tried multiple restarts of watch and phone and hard restarts of both. Any ideas?

7. mnewb1 macrumors newbie

mnewb1

8. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

Now that you got a reply to your pathetic patronising answer to a question that wasn't even asked; is there anything else you wish to know, your majesty?

9. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

His pathetic answer was entered over two months ago, so his majesty may no longer be watching this thread.:rolleyes:

TxWatch

10. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Oh, I'm still here. :)

And my advice was never intended to sound "pathetic" or else. Sometimes it's just the simple things that people forget to try before moving to more complex resolution approaches. The thread starter, however, didn't seem to have an issue with my question as far as I can tell from his one worded answer.

At least I don't interpret something negative into it, fellow forum users.

Have a nice day. :)

11. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

My sarcastic reply with rolling eyes was intended to point out he had resurrected a two month old thread to yell at you.

Sorry if it sounded negative from my side...

TxWatch