Can't update apps from device itself after updating to 6.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by i'm.huMAC, Feb 26, 2013.

1. i'm.huMAC macrumors newbie

My 5G iPod touch won't allow me to view the Updates section on the App Store. It's just a blank page for me but I know that there are apps that need to be updated because of the badge. Not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this problem.

2. gazzamac macrumors member

yup - with you on this. I get exactly the same problem with my iphone 5 and as i don't sync from ny macbook air, this is a real issue for me.

3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Have both of you guys already reset your devices?

4. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

Mine got okay after logging out my apple id then restarted my phone then logged in again.

5. gazzamac macrumors member

Just tried that and combined with a reset it still doesn't work. I still see 2 updates avaiable on the badge and the page is empty in "updates" in the store.

Thans for the suggestions though.

6. Chuckstones macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem!
    But if I leave my phone for a while eventually they appear.
    I think it is a a problem at the apple end. As haven't reset my phone or anything!

7. gazzamac macrumors member

Thanks, But has been three days for me so far with no updates visible.

8. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

Have you tried a simple reboot? Just hold the power button and home button at the same time. The phone will turn off, then if you see the apple logo release it. Let me know if it worked.

9. gazzamac macrumors member

Yes, I've tried that thanks but no difference. I now have 3 possible updates but see none of them. Dont want to have to reset the phone to its factory settings but its looking like the only available option to clear it.

10. Bcarraher macrumors member

Bcarraher

Exit app store completely by clicking home button twice and removing the jiggling icon from bottom of screen. Then go to settings date and time. Uncheck set automatically and change date to one year ahead. Relaunch App Store and available updates will be displayed.

11. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

Oh yeah! i remember this too when I had trouble updating my apps. The time zone is automatically set.

12. gazzamac macrumors member

Thanks, Tried that and all I get is the message "cannot connect to itunes store"

If i change the date to say april 2013 it does reset the updates app and all updates disappear however they are still blank once I launch the app store and see "updates available"

Thanks

13. Krodd13 macrumors newbie

I have this same problem on my iPhone 4. I tried everything to fix it, even completely restored my phone. That worked for a few days but now I'm back to squre one and can't see my updates. I don't want to restore my phone every few days so I'm really hoping Apple fixes this shortly.

14. gmanist1000, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

As of this morning I can't see my Updates either. I'm sure it'll be resolved in a day or two but it's still annoying.

Edit: It's working now.

15. gazzamac macrumors member

8 days on and its finally fixed. Nothing I did myself made any improvement and I am convinced its an issue at apple's end but cant prove it.

If you do see this issue - do nothing for a week and you should then see your updates pop up on their own.... How scientific is that :)