Can't update apps on iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by soot11, Sep 25, 2010.

1. soot11 macrumors newbie

I bought my iphone 4 five days ago, and beginning yesterday, it has not allowed me to update apps. I updated an app yesterday and the icon is replaced by a gray box and the completion bar along the bottom that normally fills in blue as the app downloads remains black (0% downloaded). Underneath the icon, it just says "Waiting..." I tried to update 3 more apps today with the same problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't even give me the option to erase the apps (no 'X' on these icons when I hold down the home key(. When I go to the app in the app store, it says 'installed', and doesn't allow me to click on it. On my computer when I sync, it says all apps are up to date, including these apps. Please help!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Can you turn off your phone, then turn it back on?

3. soot11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! This got rid of the gray boxes, but I still couldn't re-download the app as it still registered them as 'installed'. Once I went back and deleted them on my computer, it let me re-install. Thanks for your help. Do you know if this is a recurrent problem?