Can't update apps!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Silver-Fox, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Hi guys...

I can't seem to update any of my apps anymore due to me changing my apple login...For some reason when I go to update them on the iPhone it still tries to log me in with the account I bought the apps with. Is there anyway I can change this as my apps to be updated keeps growing!!!

I have changed my store login on my phone & tried syncing it with iTunes & still no luck...

Any help appreciated!! Thank you!

2. forum user macrumors regular

Nope, that's the way it is: Apps remember the account they have been purchased with.
    Easiest way around that would be to log in with the old account, do all the updates and then return to the new account.

The sync between computer and iPhone should work with either account.

- Olaf

3. Silver-Fox thread starter macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Unfortunately the reason I had to change my iTunes account was because the email address that was being used with the account was hacked so I thought it was best just to close my apple account & re-open a new one!

Do you think it is best to delete all apps & re-install?

Thanks

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I don't think your method will work.
    Consider your email login as simply an ID. Mine is actually and address that is no longer active but that doesn't matter to iTunes.
    For all intent and purposes just update using the old email and purchase new apps with your new address.
    That works and is somewhat hassle free.