Can't update apps?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adder7712, Jul 17, 2013.

1. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

I had some updates pop out on the App Store, decided to go ahead and install them but they are all stuck at "waiting" and when I try to tap on an updating app, it keeps returning me with an "App cannot be downloaded this time" error message.

Hitting retry will only repeatedly bring up the same error. Also, I can't even install new apps as well.

There's an iPhone 5 that's on the same WiFi network and it also can't update apps or even search for iOS updates. However, it can update apps over the carrier network.

Solutions I've tired on the iPad. iPad is no longer jailbroken and now runs iOS 6.1.3. Seems to only persist on my WiFi network but since my iPad is WiFi only, I'm at a loss.

• Did a full restore on iTunes
    • Signing in and out of Apple ID

2. BerlingerT, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013

BerlingerT macrumors member

BerlingerT

You said an iPhone 5 is also on this network. How many devices are connected to this Internet at once? If there are too many devices on it, that could be causing slowdown and issues.

Also, have you tried powercycling the device? Sometimes, that does wonders. It fixes whenever I get glitches with my keyboard on my iPad (powercycling the iPad. Not the keyboard).

3. adder7712 thread starter macrumors 68000

adder7712

Usually 2 computers, 2 tablets and 4 smartphones.

4. BerlingerT macrumors member

BerlingerT

Gosh, yes. I usually have issues if I have 3 or 4 devices connected to my wifi. Turn off all of those devices but one and try updating. You could be overtaxing your wifi.

5. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

6. fonz500 macrumors member

My wife and my iPads won't update either. Just a blank white screen when I click update. All other parts of the App Store work fine.

7. adder7712 thread starter macrumors 68000

adder7712

Funny enough, the issue has fixed itself. I gave it a day and tried updating it again, all worked fine.