Can't update EyeTV

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arsenalgear, Aug 18, 2008.

1. arsenalgear macrumors member

Hi there,

When I attempt to install the EyeTV 2.5.3 update, I receive a message saying "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items." I tried repairing permissions with Disk Utility, but it failed to fix the problem. Any ideas on how I can clear up this message?

Thanks! :)

2. macdot macrumors 6502

Did you try downloading the update from the site, not doing it from within EyeTV?

3. DocMacPS macrumors newbie

DocMacPS

EyeTV 2.5.3 Update Problems

Agreed, directly downloading the full, standalone update and then running it is smart. A couple of other things to try: Make sure you're logged in as an Administrator and not just a Standard user. Be certain EyeTV isn't running - and is in the main Applications folder and not tucked away elsewhere or in a subfolder - so the updater can find it where it expects it to be. Also be sure you haven't _renamed_ it to something different; it should just be exactly "EyeTV". Worst case, last resort: RE-install your original version off CD, then run the full standalone updater ontop of that.

Doc
    http://www.mac-digital-tv-tuners.com/

4. arsenalgear thread starter macrumors member

I am downloading from the website, and when I drag the application from the dmg into my applications folder, it asks me if I want to replace the existing file, I agree, and then I receive that error.