Can't Update from 4.1 to 5.1 06.15.00

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cabria, Jun 8, 2012.

1. cabria macrumors newbie

Hello guys , so i have major problem , when i try update my iphone with custom bb all the time im getting error's. 1602 when i fix that , i'm getting 3194.
    I tryed many solution's like ireb , tinyumbrella ,nothing works. Maybe some of you had same problem.. Please help!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Unless you have the SHSH saved for 5.1 you can't upgrade. You would need to update to 5.1.1 instead.

3. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

Are you jailbroken?

If not backup your phone, in iTunes. Then find the 5.1 ipsw [firmware file] update for your model phone, then update it manually using iTunes.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

This will not work unless he has SHSH blobs and APTicket saved for the firmware he's wanting to update to.

Although it could be that (assuming he's jailbroken) he has Cydia set to automatically save blobs for newer firmwares, or that he's manually saved them, it seems unlikely since he's not familiar with the requirements to updagte to a less-than-curernt firmware.

OP - the best option here is to restore to a NO_BB 5.1.1 via iTunes (shift+restore) as the 5.1 firmware you mentioned is no longer signed by Apple. 5.1.1 is exploitable with an untethered jailbreak now, so you should have no reservations about losing any of that functionality.

Just make sure that you don't do an update in iTunes without the custom NO_BB firmware as it will try and update the iPad baseband you have installed which will royally screw up your phone, essentially rendering it an iPod Touch with no phone/network functionality.

5. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

oh ok. Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what he was referring to when he said BB.

6. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Yep! Technically it's a custom iPSW and not a custom baseband. People in that situation have to use a tool to make an iPSW that doesn't update the baseband when installing - otherwise, they're cooked.