Can't update from Public Beta to Public Release

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by JSchwartz15, Sep 16, 2015.

1. JSchwartz15 macrumors regular

Hello all, I am experiencing a problem where my iPad Air 2 running Public Beta iOS 9.1 says it's running the most current version and doesn't see today's release of 9.0. Is this something I have to restore from a backup to fix?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

As covered in quite a few threads, you have a newer version 9.1 so 9.0 isn't seen as an update. The only real way to get 9.0 would be to use iTunes to restore to it (basically put your phone in recovery mode and let iTunes restore to the latest public release which is 9.0 and then you can put a backup back onto it assuming it's from 9.0 or earlier).

3. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Check out the front page of the iOS 9 forums and you'll see a number of posts about this exact thing.

4. xyz2610 macrumors member

xyz2610

why do you think that's a problem? you're running 9.1 which is obviously a later build than 9.0.

5. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

9.1 > 9.0

Why would you expect 9.0 to show up when you're on a newer version 9.1?

6. JSchwartz15 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thanks guys. Figured that was the case but wanted to be sure. stormYe I assume you're being sarcastic.

7. JSchwartz15 thread starter macrumors regular

Because 9.1 is Public Beta and 9.0 is Public Release. I want the less buggy 9.0 rather than the still buggy 9.1. Thought maybe Apple would have built into the Beta that it would recognize the release as newer

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, the whole point of beta is that you are testing that beta and wouldn't want it to offer something that's older as an upgrade since it wouldn't be an upgrade.