Can't update my Mac App Store applications

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fmaste, Feb 13, 2012.

1. fmaste macrumors newbie

I bought my Mac when my Apple account was set to USA and installed some apps like XCode, Adobe Revel, Twitter, Amazon Kindle, Touchgrind, iPhoto, etc. Later I changed my account's country to where I live now and where my credit card is from now to buy Pages. Now I can't update my applications and my purchased list is empty, even after uninstalling the applications and installing them again.

Imagine that I won't be able to update Xcode again, huge problem for iOS development. I'm think I'll do a complete reinstall using OS X Lion recovery but I'm afraid that I will have to buy iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand and FaceTime even if they are free with every new Mac.

Is there any solution? Will I lose my free iLife apps doing a reinstall?

I already contacted Apple support and they are very good in apologizing.

Thanks!

2. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

My Mac App Store went all crazy (different issues than you, though) and i eventually just reinstalled the combo update for the version of OS X i had at the time. (10.7.2) and it worked after that.

3. fmaste thread starter macrumors newbie

What combo update? How do you do that?

4. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

The Software Update broke something in 10.7.3, the Combo Update fixes it. :)

Here is the link to the combo update on Apple's Support Page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484

5. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

See, my issue was in 10.7.1 or 10.7.2. The app gave me an error when updating, and then it would never update. Same error nonstop. I gave up and did the combo update and it was fixed. Weird.

6. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

A lot of people prefer the combo updates as more stabile, over the smaller delta Software Updates.

---TBH, I've never had problems with the deltas until the two updates (Snow Leopard Security & Lion) this month. I'll probably go back to waiting a week before updating, to let things sort out...

7. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Well, Lion is still buggy and causes constant crashes.. but at least i can update my apps after the combo update, lol.

8. alshabab macrumors newbie

Once you changed your country all of your updates are gone forever. I had the same issue I could see my purchases in iTunes account but not in the App Store. I had to ask for a refund. In the future I can only advise you not to purchase apps from the Apple store anymore if you can and as long as you can buy them direct from the publishers and you will save yourself all the trouble. Note that not all apps can be purchase outside the App Store some have exclusivity contract with Apple and therefore cannot sell you the software if not sold from the Apple Store...So that you are warned. Your only option if you cannot get a refund is that you will have to re-purchase the app again. I know it does not make sense, I was outraged myself but hey, that's how we let those giant companies treat us like sheep and never rebelled against their constant oppression who is to blame for this???? Now you tell me!!! Me from now on I am purchasing outside the App store and as much as I can. This way I keep track of my updates myself and any changes that may occur from. Obtaining a refund from Apple is no easy route so just that you know. Once you purchase from the App Store they are the one that can issue a refund...Just for this sometimes I regret that I spent so much on a macbook but at the same, it compensates where MS have failed but at least with MS I had less app issues and then any little settings you may need you have to purchase this and you never stop buying from then...good luck