Can't Update, Need Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MaxRady, Jul 31, 2008.

1. MaxRady macrumors member

Hello,

I am having trouble updating my computer. I saw that iTunes released a new version (7.7 something) and when i went to update through the Software Update (drop down window by clicking the apple) it told me my computer is up to date. I have not moved iTunes from it's original position in the Applications folder. I have even been told by my iTunes that there is a new update available and it took me to Software Update only to tell me there were no updates. Im currently running 7.6.2. I have a MacBook that i just bought not even a year ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It may be one of those things, where you need to download 7.7 before 7.7.1 will been seen. Also, as always, repair permissions.

TEG

3. MaxRady thread starter macrumors member

i repaired persmissions, and still nothing. i was able to just download iTunes 7.7.1 through apple's website, and it worked fine, im trying up update to 10.5.4 but it says my computer doesn't meet requirements...which i find hard to believe. The only system requirements on the website to update to 10.5.4 are that you have 10.5.3. Im running 10.5.3. I really dont know what to do.