Can't Update Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by IgnatiusTheKing, Jun 6, 2008.

1. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

When I first got my iMac, in November, I don't think I ever got around to registering iWork '08. I noticed yesterday that there was an update available, but it didn't appear in Software Update. I downloaded the updater from the Apple Support site, but when I try to run it, it tells me there isn't an eligible Pages application found in the Applications folder.

I went and registered iWork '08 and got confirmation from Apple, but still have not been able to update Pages. Anyone know what I can do here?

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I haven't seen an update of Pages recently. Are you sure it's not something old, that you've already got? The current version is 3.02.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Have you moved the Pages application from the default location? If so Software Update won't work and neither will other updaters.

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

For Software Update to know you need the updates & then for the updaters to find the applications to apply the updates to, the applications must be in HD > Applications > iWork '08. You cannot have moved the applications out of the iWork '08 folder or have renamed the folder or applications. Again, the folder must be named exactly iWork '08 - no "s" & the ' must be in front of 08.

5. IgnatiusTheKing thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Yeah it's 3.02 that I need to get up to (currently at 3.01). I have no idea how I haven't been prompted for an update since January, but I haven't.

As for the folder, I have moved the apps (deleted the iWork '08 folder). Thanks for the tip. I'll check that first chance I get.

Update: I re-made the iWork '08 folder and put the apps back in and the installer worked. Thanks for the help.