Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
I'm not seeing the latest version released today. Anyone know why that could be?

Rnd-chars

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2023
My update showed up after I updated to Sonoma. If you’ve already updated and still don’t see it, you might try removing any other peripherals or hubs you have other than your Mac and Studio Display.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2012
How do you update your Studio Display? I've never seen an update for mine, don't you just update Mac OS?

tstafford

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2022
How do you update your Studio Display? I've never seen an update for mine, don't you just update Mac OS?
It updates the same way as MacOS. It's a process and not one that has ever happened in the background for me. I'm surprised you've never gotten an update. There was one that came with Sonoma and happened separately.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2012
It updates the same way as MacOS. It's a process and not one that has ever happened in the background for me. I'm surprised you've never gotten an update. There was one that came with Sonoma and happened separately.

I haven't updated to Sonoma yet, maybe that's the reason? I recently updated to the latest version of Ventura, but I can't remember seeing an update for the display. I've checked again now and only see the Sonoma update.

tstafford

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2022
I haven't updated to Sonoma yet, maybe that's the reason? I recently updated to the latest version of Ventura, but I can't remember seeing an update for the display. I've checked again now and only see the Sonoma update.
Could be. I've had my ASDs for a year and I think I've done three updates including the recent one that came w/ Sonoma.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Check the firmware version on your Studio Display. That will tell you if it's up to date or not.

MircoT

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
Venice, Italy.
Thanks! I have 16.4 installed. Anyone know what the latest version is or where it can be found out? i still don't see any updates, so I suppose it's up to date.
if you are on Ventura (like me) 16.4 is the most recent firmware version of ASD:

Screenshot 2023-10-23 alle 10.26.07.png

after the installation of Sonoma will be installed 17.x version (via software update).

Reactions: Silly John Fatty
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.