Cant update to 10.5.4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shaunymac, Jul 8, 2008.

1. shaunymac macrumors 6502

I have tried to update my 2.4 macbook pro around 3-4 times and I just get the blue screen. Originally I checked the mbp and the 12" powerbook at the same time to see if they were in need of any attn, and 10.5.4 was ready for them both. The mbp had a couple of other things to update but after the first failed attempt I just tried to install the osx update only. The powerbook went fine. In fact it flew through it and I grabbed it to finish editing some photos. It drugg on for 15 min or so and then I shut it down. I restarted it and tried again. Nothing different. I read somewhere that if you get timeout during the download it will hang like this, so i thought this might be the culprit. So all i get is a blue screen that occasionally gets the grey circular lines indicating something is going on and then it goes to a darker shade of blue. Then my mouse will appear for a brief second and the whole process of the lighter blue screen with the circular grey lines starts over again. Im not sure if anyone else is having this trouble, but if anyone has any suggestions I would be interested in hearing. Thanks

Oh and it is plugged in to power and nothing else is plugged into it.

2. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

i guess no one here has any clue what is going on whith 10.5.4 as I am talking to someone else hear too about it. I have an appointment tommorrow to see if they can shed some light. I couldn't get one today because people are wrapped around the stores because some new phone is coming out. Ha:D . Enjoy the iPhone 3G, that is if they dont run out of stock!