Can't update to 8.4

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Martin29, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Martin29 macrumors 6502

Martin29

I have been running the beta versions of 8.4 which don't have the music app. Yesterday I went to my admin settings, saw the 8.4 download available and agreed to the terms and conditions.. Since then I have simply 'update requested' showing on my iPhone 6. My iPad updated easily and quickly this morning, but the iPhone stubbornly refuses to advance. Have tried rebooting and that made no difference.

Anyone else with this issue and with a solution?

2. huddmac macrumors newbie

Exact same problem running the beta, stuck at 'update requested'. Even tried to update through iTunes only to be told 8.4 is the latest version. Also tried power off/on and hard reset but nothing seems to work.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

3. huddmac macrumors newbie

Solved. I should have searched the forum. Go to Settings, General and delete profile, reboot. Update will install. Thanks to AppleDavid.

4. huddmac macrumors newbie

Solved. I should have searched the forum. Go to Settings, General and delete profile, reboot. Update will install. Thanks to AppleDavid.

5. Martin29 thread starter macrumors 6502

Martin29

Thank you. Worked for me too. First time I've been required to take that step though, so it's probably going to catch out a few folks

6. Spacedust macrumors 6502a

I got the same issue, but removing beta profile didn't worked work me even after rebooting the phone many times. It still says "Update requested..."

7. MrUpload1000 macrumors newbie

Yes, same here after removing the profile and rebooting my iPhone 6.
    EDIT: Works now.

8. Spacedust macrumors 6502a

It they won't fix it I will have to call Apple... I got AppleCare with phone support so at least it will be usable.

Current iOS public beta 2 is not showing all of my e-mails which is very strange and never happenned on iOS 8.3.

9. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

You can do that via iTunes, not necessary OTA.

1) Download the ipsw file on your computer.

2) Open iTunes, connect your phone.

3) Holding option key and click "check for update", locate the ipsw file then finish the upgrade.

It will just like a normal upgrade, all your data will stay. Of course, BACKUP before the process just in case.

10. whitete macrumors member

Worked! Thanks for the info. I didn't know what the problem was. You all are a huge help!!!

11. Spacedust macrumors 6502a