Cant update to el capitan DB 2

abcdefg12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
277
85
i have the first developer beta of el capitan installed on a second partition on a early 2011 macbook pro and when i try to update to second beta it crashes after restart and shws computer restarted because of a problem

any suggestions to what i should do to force update it or prevent the error from happening all over again
 

abcdefg12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
277
85
i cant everything that involves restart gives me the error computer restarted because of a problem.
 

abcdefg12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
277
85
thats the problem report

*** Panic Report ***
panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff802692b81e): "Invalid waitq: 0xffffff803a7504c8"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3216.0.0.1.13/osfmk/kern/waitq.c:5048
Backtrace (CPU 2), Frame : Return Address
0xffffff91312c3950 : 0xffffff80268f16e1
0xffffff91312c39d0 : 0xffffff802692b81e
0xffffff91312c3a10 : 0xffffff8026dd2f23
0xffffff91312c3a30 : 0xffffff7fa7e8304b
0xffffff91312c3a60 : 0xffffff7fa7e833f7
0xffffff91312c3a90 : 0xffffff8026b484c3
0xffffff91312c3ae0 : 0xffffff8026b4ff3d
0xffffff91312c3b30 : 0xffffff8026b36947
0xffffff91312c3b90 : 0xffffff8026b2a493
0xffffff91312c3c00 : 0xffffff8026b2c109
0xffffff91312c3cb0 : 0xffffff8026d90e70
0xffffff91312c3d20 : 0xffffff8026d92762
0xffffff91312c3d60 : 0xffffff8026da59c9
0xffffff91312c3e10 : 0xffffff802691ca83
0xffffff91312c3e50 : 0xffffff8026920f7a
0xffffff91312c3e80 : 0xffffff8026920da1
0xffffff91312c3eb0 : 0xffffff80268ec2a5
0xffffff91312c3ef0 : 0xffffff80269dfece
0xffffff91312c3f10 : 0xffffff80269fcb4f
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family(730.60)[FF170A59-6AC0-3DB7-802D-B0796B2E9FE6]@0xffffff7fa7e7b000->0xffffff7fa7f25fff
dependency: com.apple.kec.corecrypto(1.0)[4FA806AF-77FE-366A-801B-CB9C158CEB8D]@0xffffff7fa73e1000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(3.2)[59010CF2-F701-38C3-A3BD-547E99686196]@0xffffff7fa7633000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: WiFiAgent
Boot args: rootless=1 kext-dev-mode=1

Mac OS version:
15A178w

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0: Wed May 27 20:17:31 PDT 2015; root:xnu-3216.0.0.1.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: 3AAEDB95-B171-37A2-89E4-7FB491D855B5
Kernel slide: 0x0000000026600000
Kernel text base: 0xffffff8026800000
__HIB text bas
 

abcdefg12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
277
85
manage to finally fix it
i booted into Yosemite and deleted everything in cache in the library folder in El Capitan partition and then i deleted the IO8Family.kext and booted to El Capitan

then went to library/updates and installed the new update file that i downloaded earlier from the App Store
 

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
11,678
10,710
In the middle of several books.
i cant everything that involves restart gives me the error computer restarted because of a problem.
Did you happen to have the Continuity Activation Tool running in DP 1, when you did the update to DP 2? If so, I think that may have been the culprit. Same thing happened to me. Mac got stuck in the same loop. Ended up doing a reinstall of the OS and upgraded to DP 2 with no problem. After that, I ran the Continuity Activation Tool.
 

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
2,065
19
Never Ender
Can't update either. I click update and then restart and get this dreaded loop of "Available updates have changed". Cannot get any further. Cleared out download cache and deleted preference file but still stuck here.
 

PinkWaters

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2009
36
0
Getting "Available updates have changed" loop also.
And I noticed downloading speed is too slow too.

Edit: Fixed it by removing OpenDNS settings from my router.
 
Last edited:

OG_Macintosh

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2015
25
24
I re-downloaded the Developer Beta 1, re-installed it and then was able to update to Developer Beta 2.
 

OG_Macintosh

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2015
25
24
No, just the delta update through the app store. I waited for DB2 to be released hoping that I could just install it, but when I used my redemption code it downloaded DB1 and then I had to update to DB2. That's where I ran into the 'Updates have changed' glitch.