Can't update to iOS 5 b2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bshap000, Jun 27, 2011.

1. bshap000 macrumors newbie

Hi, every time I try to update to iOS 5 b2 from b1, after the restore, it still shows having the beta 1 build number installed. I have even tried to use .ipsw files from many different sources. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. shandyman Suspended

you're doing shift/option restore and selecting the .ipsw file with the right filename? are you running iTunes 10.5 beta 2?

3. bshap000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I used option restore every time. I've tried it on itunes 10.5 b1 and b2, as ive seen the the instructions written both ways

4. shandyman Suspended

and it's definately the filename with the build number of 9A5248d in it?

5. bshap000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, I even unarchived it, and the .plist file had 9A5248d as the build.

I've tried every combination of restoring and wiping on both itunes betas. I'm starting to get worried since beta 1 will eventually expire.

6. shandyman Suspended

That's odd. It's definitely doing the actual restore and it completes with no error apart from the version number is wrong?

7. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

But is the actual beta2 installed in the end or not? There are many ways of checking: new iCloud icon in settings, new notification bubbles, default wallpapers working, wireless sync working, etc, etc, etc.

8. bshap000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, it completes the restore with no errors, but when I go to settings, the build number is from beta 1, the old iCloud logo is there, etc. I've tried both restoring from backup and setting up as new.