Can't update to Public beta 4

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by nspells154, Aug 14, 2015.

1. nspells154 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. As far as I understand it, Public Beta 4 of ELC has been available for a couple weeks now. Some of my friends have been able to update by going to the app store and just checking under updates, however nothing is there for me! Why do I not have access to this update? Anyone else with the same problem?

Thanks

NS

Attached Files:

2. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

It's possible the beta period is over and ELC will be released on Sept 9...

3. dyn macrumors 68030

Or OP is running into the same issue some of us had with PB3. The solution I came across when doing some research into why I wasn't getting PB3 was re-adding the catalog URL:
    Code:
    sudo softwareupdate --set-catalog https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.11beta-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

After that I checked for new software updates in the MAS and it found PB3.

When PB4 was released I reset the catalog URL back to its defaults and it didn't find PB4. Put the catalog URL back and it found PB4.

4. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

What is command to reset to defaults? I thought I was behind on my updates but I was just missing the PB 4 in App Store under purchases. All this got very confusing today with the pulled updated for PB 5.

5. dyn macrumors 68030

That would be the following:
    Code:
    sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog
    From the help (softwareupdate -h):