Can't update to Sierra GM mk2

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Candlelight, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Candlelight macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

Hoping this is an easy fix;

I accidentally clicked stopped receiving Beta updates in the system preferences, and now can't upgrade to the 2nd GM that was released today. How to I re-enable these updates? Just going via the redeem code on the Beta site says the code has already been redeemed. Obviously.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Can you not redownload from the Purchase tab on the Mac App Store? I would imagine this would be the updated build.

3. Candlelight thread starter macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

4. Candlelight thread starter macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

OK, I was able to download the latest build so I'm up to date but the option to receive new updates is still missing from System Preferences. Any idea how I can get it back? My laptop is already enrolled as far as the beta program is concerned.

5. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

You might have to wait until the beta program starts again. The updated GM builds were never pushed out as updates. They required you to download the OS again.

6. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

You can change a CatalogURL but (sorry) people are asked to refrain from posting, to MacRumors Forums, the required URLs.

7. Candlelight thread starter macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

Cheers guys. I used a time machine backup and went back to the day before I turned the Beta updates off.

Problem solved. :)