cant upgrade cydia!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ipodtouchftw, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

i just jailbroke and unlocked my 2g iphone on vista and when i try to do the essential upgrade when i open cydia for the first time it gives an error. how do i fix this?

2. lllsup3rd4nlll macrumors newbie

i had a similar issue with my 3G using redsn0w on windows XP. i ended up restoring back to factory 3.0, then re-jailbreaking it with redsn0w on my mac and it's working fine. i really don't know what the problem was, but i think it could have something to do with a bad (yet still functioning) version of either the 3.0 firmware (if you downloaded it from somewhere other than itunes) or your jailbreaking program. either that or it was just a bug with cydia. whatever the case, i suggest restoring back to factory 3.0 and trying to maybe find a diff copy of the software/firmware, they giving it another shot. good luck!

3. ReleasedAce macrumors newbie

ReleasedAce

When you jailbroke did you install cydia and icy? Thar was my problem so I restored re jailbroke without icy now cydia works flawless.

4. JohnFa macrumors regular

Same here. I re-jailbroke with only cydia and it worked fine. Then added the ripdev repo and installed icy from Cydia. Works perfectly now.

5. ipodtouchftw thread starter macrumors member

It works! thanks

6. DinoMachino macrumors member

DinoMachino

thanks a lot!

i was freaked out that i messed up my phone til i finally found this little thread. thanks!