Cant upgrade from iOS7 beta to official release, iPhone doesn't work anymore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by justarandomuser, Oct 6, 2013.

1. justarandomuser macrumors newbie

Hi all, i desperately need your help

Before the official release, i upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7 beta 5 without activating it. Unfortunately, even after its official release, i didn't find the time to upgrade it, so i just used the beta for a while.
    But now, today, totally out of nowhere, i'm unable to use my iPhone anymore because it says "Activation Required". I tried upgrading it to the official release by restoring it, but it kept displaying an error, that i have to turn off find my iPhone before i could restore it. I also tried putting it into recovery mode, but it went right back to the beta version, where i cant do anything.
    What can i do? Is there any way to get rid of that message?

Thanks in advance

2. justarandomuser thread starter macrumors newbie

3. macinit macrumors newbie

macinit

happened to me as well... am doing the DFU now... soooo frustrating.. wow

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Just FYI to save frustration in the future; if you in choose to run a beta, plan on manually updating the iOS after release.

5. macinit macrumors newbie

macinit

yes, i realize that now...

----------

btw shouldnt they have notified the beta users though? Or was there a notification and i just missed it?!

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They did notify the beta users. Every time there was a new beta and when the GM came out.