Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2011
Anyone else having this problem?

I have the '09 version of iWork and can't get the free update.

Last edited:

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Does 09 still put the apps into an "iWork" folder? You may need to move them into /Applications, then go to Apple > Software Update.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2011
Does 09 still put the apps into an "iWork" folder? You may need to move them into /Applications, then go to Apple > Software Update.

Didn't help either, but I was really hoping it would.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Try making a new user account, and logging in the MAS there.

This worked!

I just went to the Master Account and everything worked fine.

What exactly did you do? I can't upgrade either. Although it shows in the updates that Pages was updated twice and Keynote once. Numbers doesn't show an upgrade at all. What do you mean by Master Account?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
What exactly did you do? I can't upgrade either. Although it shows in the updates that Pages was updated twice and Keynote once. Numbers doesn't show an upgrade at all. What do you mean by Master Account?

Make a new user account, log into the MAS, download update, log into main account, delete the account you just made.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Make a new user account, log into the MAS, download update, log into main account, delete the account you just made.

Thanks,

I ended up uninstalling iWork 09, then the App Store wanted 19.95 each or whatever, but then after closing the App Store and entering again I could download the latest version for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.