Can't upgrade to 3.0 in Beirut

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tfitzsimons, Jun 21, 2009.

1. tfitzsimons macrumors member

Hey all,

I'm in Beirut, Lebanon working for the summer. I have been trying to download the 3.0 software update for the past few days and whenever I click in iTunes "check for update" I get the message "This version of the iPhone software (2.2.1) is the current version."

I'm running on Lebanon's MTC touch network, not AT&T, but I read that people who were roaming abroad were able to get the update. I even downloaded the update from a link someone posted on macrumors and tried to trick itunes into installing it but it keeps asking the iphone update server for the current version number and being told it's 2.2.1

By the way, I did upgrade to iTunes 8.2 because once I clicked it and it said 3.0 was available and that I had to upgrade first to 8.2 But since then, nothing.

Anyone know? Is Lebanon not allowed to upgrade to 3.0?

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I take it you're shift-clicking the update button in iTunes because if you do that shouldn't be checking anything with the Apple servers.

3. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

you could always manually download the os and then install it rather then keep clicking to check for updates