Can't upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by the-horseman, Jun 27, 2012.

1. the-horseman macrumors newbie

:confused:
    Last week I bought a Macbook and a iphone 4s from a young lady that was moving to Singapore. I did my due diligence and went to the Verizon store and made sure that the iPhone was in fact hers. It was. The Macbook worked perfectly and I paid her. Both parties happy.

Until today.

I tried to upgrade and low and behold she didn't erase everything and the ability to upgrade are password protected. The only way to get a hold of her was the phone # she gave me and that was the iPhone before I re-registered it. Is there ANYWAY I can totally erase the disk and start over. I don't have much on it and I can back up what I do have.

Help!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Please clarify, what are you trying to upgrade, and at what point is it asking for a password? Are you talking about the computer or the phone? If it's a firmware password then there's something about removing a stick of RAM to reset it, but I can't find the documentation at the moment.

3. the-horseman thread starter macrumors newbie

The phone is great. It's the Macbook. I can't upgrade because it's password protected by her. I even did a google search on her to get the password but all I found is she graduated from UCSB in 2011. The MAC works fine except for that.

4. Atius macrumors newbie

You could try this:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1274

Resetting the administrators password is further down on the page