Can't upload photos to Mobile Me Gallery

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jostian, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jostian macrumors newbie

Hi when I tap on a photo and the options come up & I select 'send to MobileMe' I then input a title & description and tap publish, at the bottom of the pic it says Publishing to MobileMe but after a few minutes it says it couldn't publish the photo...?? any ideas, thanks

2. entwife macrumors regular

anyone know? I'm having same issue

3. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

It works here.

Do you have the correct account information on the iPod touch?

4. Jostian thread starter macrumors newbie

Pretty sure my acct details on the ipod are fine because before I select publish it shows my albums in my mobileme gallery and I select one which I guess means my acct details on the pod are fine, maybe some setting on mobileme though I can't think what? I wonder if there are not any limitations on mobileme if one is still in a 'trial' period?? all my other mobileme synching stuff (email, calendar etc) works fine, its just the uploading of pic's to the mobileme gallery...

5. Jostian thread starter macrumors newbie

i see with the iphone one needs an email address?? does the same apply for the ipod??

6. Jostian thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so this is severely weird now...I tried uploading 10 different photos from the ipod to my MobileMe gallery, and one actually got published but the other 9 all got the same response 'unable to publish...', and these 10 photos are from the same album, similar size, same format etc??? now I ask you with tears in my eye's, what could the problem be???

7. Jostian thread starter macrumors newbie

I wonder if there are limitations for people in certain countries (South Africa) and if there is an issue with using a PC and not a Mac thats = MobileMe gallery upload limitations, synching with contacts, etc works fine...ok, I have atheory, after more testing this is the outcome, I think its a syncing issue, I created a new album and got the settings (correct tick boxes etc), I then tried to upload a photo from my ipod touch to the new album, it worked but as soon as i tried uploading more photos they all failed, so maybe after MobileMe has receieved the initial photo it tries to sync with iPhoto/Aperture, neither of which I have (vista pc) and maybe thats where the problem lies..not sure, but its strange that a new album takes one photo and then refuses to accept more??? any ideas??

8. amex101 macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem.. the only fix i have found is to restart, which only gives you one more published photo but i have also found that if you wait a few mins it works again... very weird and annoying bug

9. Jostian thread starter macrumors newbie

Issue still remains

Hi, this issue is HUGELY frustrating & Apple are aware of it, I've been bugging them for the last 6 weeks but they are unable to sort it out unfotuately! It seems they are also rather perplexed as to why and what is causing the problem. If & when they let me have a solution I'll be sure to post it, hopefully not too far in the future...!

10. entwife macrumors regular

Anymore news, I got a 3gs recently and still having same issues. Will upload photos over wifi but not over 3g/2g network. Driving me nuts.

11. Jostian thread starter macrumors newbie

still No resolution unfortunately!

HI, I gave up, and the problem remains, Apple do know about it but are incapable or unwilling to fix it??? why I don't know....