Can't use 3G for internet

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pgreen6840, Feb 26, 2013.

1. pgreen6840 macrumors newbie

I have a IPAD2 with both WiFi and 3G abilities. I also have a contract with an internet provider and proper SIM card installed. Whenever I need to use the 3G function for internet as there is no WiFi available I get a message " cannot activate cellular network" I do have get provider's name and a signal strength shown on top left corner Can someone advise me PLEASE.
    I have turned on ,from the systems setting the tabs for roaming and cellular data .
    Thank you

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Since you have an iPad 2, you had to choose either AT&T or Verizon when you purchased your iPad. I think T-Mobile may have been offered as well; can't recall - but don't think it's a popular option given their limited coverage.

Are you able to view your account information in the cellular data setting? Doing so will give you the amount of data you have purchased. Presuming you have purchased a data package from the carrier and you cannot access 3G, your next best bet would be to visit the local store of your carrier as you may have a defective SIM card.