Cant use Apple Music with 2 accounts, ridiculous?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by yalag, Jul 20, 2015.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

No one else find it ridiculous that you can't use 2 apple music accounts on the same computer?

My wife and I share the same mac desktop. We have 2 separate mac accounts and icloud accounts. But once you sign in with 1 apple music account, it locks the computer. WTH?

Any workaround?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

**simplified**

As for the work around if you both have separate ID's etc then why not have two accounts on the Mac.

3. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

No calling them wont help. I want to use both accounts, we share a computer, how is that hard to understand? We have two apple music accounts, we both paid.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I've given you the answer at the end of my post

5. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

We DO have two accounts on the mac, that's what I'm trying to explain to you how ridiculous this is

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You have two user accounts (both admin) and iTunes won't allow you to sign is to each iTunes seperatly? Somethings setup wrong if that's the cause

7. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

No, there is nothing wrong. Apple support said that is normal, you can only use one apple music account per computer

now you get it

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Seriously I'm shocked

9. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I've just tried this: I added an account to my mac for my wife, logged in, started up iTunes and it showed me her Apple Music library with no issues at all so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. We are setup as a family though so I don't know if that makes a difference

10. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

Actually you are right, I tried it again today and it worked. Must be a glitch. Thread closed. You can use 2 apple music accounts on the same computer. Apple support is clueless yet again....called them and they said it's not possible...