Can't use Apple wireless keyboard and mouse with BootCamp Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by madeirabhoy, Feb 7, 2013.

1. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

help this is doing my nut in.

my keyboard broke so i treated myself to an apple wireless keyboard and magic trackpad. in os x it works a treat.

restarting into my bootcamp partition though, nothing happens and neither works.

so i tried plugging in my old mouse and clicking on the bluetooth icon. it allows me to add bluetooth devices.

the keyboard appears most times, i click on itand it brings up a window telling me to type a pairing password but it dissappears before i can, and says installed. but keyboard does nothing and doesnt appear as a device.

pressing of the on and off button of the trackpad will make it appear, but clicking on it just says connecting, and the trackpad goes to sleep.

nothing wil make them work.

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Did you install the latest windows support drivers? You can get these via the boot camp assistant under OS X.

I've seen where it helps to uninstall those devices on the OS X side. Boot into Windows, add them there and them re-add them onto the OS X side after - not sure why this works for some.