Can't use AT&T sim after Ultrasn0w unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Volta, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Volta macrumors newbie

Whenever I unlock my phone using ultrasn0w and I put my AT&T sim in it no longer works it just continuously says "Searching...". I want to unlock my phone so I can use it overseas but I would like to leave it unlocked.

Is there a better program for unlocking that I can use that still allows me to use my AT&T sim?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

If your with AT&T

Why do you need to unlock? Just stick with the jB at least that's what i did.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, remove ultrasnow and when you need to unlock it just reinstall it thru Cydia.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Sounds like you may have hacktivated your phone.

5. Volta thread starter macrumors newbie

So I can use my iPhone with other carriers when I go overseas..

6. Volta thread starter macrumors newbie

So it's normal to not have regular at&t service after jailbreaking and unlocking using UltraSn0w?

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No, it is not normal unless you hacktivated your phone. If you use an AT&T SIM, you should be sure to connect to iTunes and activate your phone before you jailbreak, and be sure to uncheck the option to activate your phone if you use redsn0w or PwnageTool to jailbreak. A hacktivated phone usually will not work on AT&T.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good info, I didnt know that.
    So the OP would have to restore to 3.1.2, activate it officially thru his AT&T sim and then JB.

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I have the same issue...im using ATT but I accidentally used the activated ISPW....should I just install unltrasn0w to make it work, or its fine to leave it like that??

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Restore with the inactivated ipsw. This way you won't have any push, YouTube or other issues.

11. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

As usual, The Latinist is correct. I did the jailbreak with pwnage, did not hacktivate, and installed ultrasn0w. My phone works perfectly well on ATT here in the states with ultrasn0w toggled on and when I travel overseas I buy a sim. I turn off my phone, pull the ATT sim out, put the purchased sim in and start my phone up. Works like a charm.

Must be the Hacktivation that's causing you to have different results.