Can't Use Custom Canned Responses

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by blairh, Aug 25, 2015.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Changed two of the preset canned responses to 'lol' and 'haha'. When I get texts that I want to use this reply for, they are not listed as choices. Any idea as to why?

2. CobraPA macrumors 6502

Did you scroll all the way to the bottom? They seem to appear at the end of the list of other options that you are offered.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, they'd be all the way at the bottom. You'd sound like a giggly teenager girl if you respond with "lol" and "haha" to every text you get.

4. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Some texts generate a series of relevant responses* in addition to the few canned responses, and your custom responses would be pushed down the list. Have you scrolled all the way down when looking for your responses?

* An example:
    Incoming text: "Do you know the plan tomorrow?"
    Canned responses: "Yes", "I don't know", etc…, and then my custom responses are much further down.

5. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

i had this issue too and then it all of a sudden started working.

I was initially under the impressing that the shown responses would be smart and be in line with the text received. It now is like that only part time for me with my pre-loaded ones at the very end.

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Lately, the majority of the messages I have received have not been a good fit for a canned response. I am being asked questions that require me to use voice or my iPhone to reply. None the less, the replies I added via the watch app are listed when I reply to a message. I assume you changed the canned replies in the watch app and not the phone app.

7. lionsy macrumors 6502

Maybe he/she IS a giggly teenage girl at heart, don't judge! :D

8. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

Yes I did. They are not there.

9. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

Yes, every text I receive is responded with 'lol' or 'haha'. Every. Single. One.

10. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

Yes, the Watch app.