Can't use iPhone Remote app to control Apple TV movies.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kavika411, Aug 23, 2008.

1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Please forgive this novice question (and I promise I've looked through MacRumors and on the internet for the answer).

I can't understand what I am doing wrong with using the Remote app to control my Apple TV movies. I have no problem using my iPhone/Remote to play music through my Apple TV. None of my music is on my Apple TV; it streams off my computer.

Regarding movies, all of them are saved both on the Apple TV as well as in my iTunes library/computer. For some reason, I can't actually control the movies on the Apple TV; they only play on my computer. For example, if I open the Remote app, go to Settings, and turn the Apple TV "on", and the "Computer" to "off," the movies still only play on the computer; I push play and it always starts playing on the computer. There seems to be no adjustments I can make to the Settings to actually trigger the Apple TV's movies which - again - are saved inside the Apple TV.

I appreciate any help. Thanks for your time.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Did you pair it with your ATV? Look under settings and I think it's under general.

3. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thank you. I just tried. But couldn't get it to work. Will try again and let you know. Thanks for your time.