Cant use properly 3.0 and my pioneer stereo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by campesino, Jul 3, 2009.

1. campesino macrumors newbie

I have a huge problem... yesterday as normal i used my ipod touch with the 2.x firmware as usual with my pioneer deh 6950... so i got back home and i plugged the ipod touch to my pc to sync (i never do because the pioneer radio charges it) so i (dont know why) spended 9 dolars in the new firmware, but now it doesnt work proprly with my car, cant see the artists, it takes like 3 minutes to start, and it freezes. im 100% shure that is because of the new firmaware because ive used it with my car without any problemssince i bought the ipod, so my quistions
    1) im not way informed about the ipod stuff, do they attend issues like this or they will (as others companes do) just ignore it?
    2) if apple doesnt take care of this problem..how can i get to the old firmware?...i barely now how to sinc the little gadget so dont spect me to hack it jejeje

Its very important to me because 99% of the time i use my ipod is in the car so i want to be able to use it right

some information:
    1) the ipod and my car work have a few working features left, after waiting 2 minutes i can load the playlists, and surf between them with a huge lag
    2) it charges the ipod
    3) every aplication works fine even when conected to the car, my radio never allowed me to surf the musci from the ipod when connected to the car, so the freezin artist list and the lag occurs on the dash screen.
    i have a first genertin ipod touch
    4) i have a pioneer 6950 ib, with the ipod ready cable

thanks in advance...this is my first of many post to come

2. dawnraid macrumors regular

A quick solution to the above would be to buy a cheap 3.5mm cable and use that to plug your iPod into your car stereo. However it wouldn't charge your ipod / let you control it from your stereo. Apple sucks with this sort of stuff
    [​IMG]

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It will be up to Pioneer to make the stereo work with the iPhone. There is no way Apple could ever make the iPhone work with every single car stereo out there.

Most likely you will have to buy a new car stereo that says it will work with 3.0. That is only temporary though till the next firmware update which may not work again.

Solution: get an iPod such as a Classic.

My cars Pioneer DVD player was designed to work with the iPod and it does what it does perfectly!

4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

My suggestion is to sue APPLE. They did this intentionally, and out of pure greed.

5. campesino thread starter macrumors newbie

ipod ready

well my stereos says ipod ready and in the box as well as the manual it says that it 100% compatible with ipod touch, witch it was until 3.0, how can i get back the old firmware?

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

iPod Touch compatible with whatever firmware was out at the time the stereo was on sale. They can't guarantee new firmware updates will still work.

When the 1st generation iPhone came out, it worked with the bluetooth on my old Garmin 680 GPS... till Apple updated the software on the phone. We were out of luck till the next firmware update came out and the bluetooth once again started working. Now with the 3G S phone, the bluetooth does not work with my old Garmin 680 once again.

This stuff happens all the time. It's not exactly Apples fault, they can't make the phone/Touch compatible with every device out there, the firmware would be huge in size and too time consuming.

7. campesino thread starter macrumors newbie

well they should

of course that they should make every firmware version compatible, in no moment any....i repeat any message appear telling me that 3.0 could make my IPOD READY pioneer non ipod ready, i dont understand why many guys here at the forums defend so fervely apple, im a law student in let me tell you this is ilegal, theres no question about it, they promess something and make public statement promoting it (IPOD READY) so it should be ipod ready, some guy abobe said...its the third party that must make every gadget compatible with wathever firmwware ipod releases....shure so lets unplug the radio take it who knoes where to make who knows what update.....no its not easier that the firmware REMAINS compatible.....seriusly you guys got some thinking and readyn ahead

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It would be impossible for Apple to do this. Apple can't guarantee that an iPod will work with every car stereo, there are just too many. It is the car stereo manufacturers who state if their stereo will work with the iPod, not Apple.

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

The problem is that the iPods worked already, and it was only the 3.0 update that "broke" this functionality. Either it was a mistake on their part and will be fixed shortly with a minor update, or they did it intentionally to force the obsoletion of a whole 3rd party industry worth of accessories. The latter is actionable.

10. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes, it wprked because your stereo manufacturer made the stereos formware to work with the iPod, Apple didn't. This is why 3.0 broke the functionality.

11. curdy macrumors newbie

I have a pioneer deh 6050ub and my ipod with the 3.0 works just like it did before. But the salesperson that sold it to me did say once apple comes out with new software or new ipods that it may not work and I would have to plug in the newest apple usb cord for it to work.

12. dawnraid macrumors regular

The USB cable wont make any difference. I just tried my iPod on my alpine car stereo and it wouldnt work. Damn 3.0

13. cpgallo macrumors newbie

Just use the ipod as the controller and don't try to have the head unit operate all of it's functions. It isn't great, but it provides full functionality to the ipod.