Cant view 1080p videos on YouTube on 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EdisEdward, Jan 12, 2015.

1. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

Hi, I am unable to view any 1080p videos on YouTube on my 6+ or my iPad mini 2, or my iPad 4...I tried almost everything but I can't figure out what the problem is

If I put YouTube on automatic quality it appears to be 720p and then drops to like 480p (or less) constantly. If I out it in 720p, it never lags and I have no problems. But if I put it on 1080p, it never loads!!!

My wifi speed is around 60-100 Mbps at home so that's not an issue...

2. Daiphoneboss macrumors member

Yeah i know, fo some reason 1080p barely loads on youtube app even on ridiculously good data connection...i had just bought this app called Protube and never looked back, it is so much superior to Googles Youtube app on iOS....allows default video playback resolution too and streaming performance is million times better in this app compared to Google Youtube app

Also blocks ads and plays videos/audio in the background, great app IHMO...i suggest you look into it, it is about 2 dollars or so but very worth it

3. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

the official youtube app is ad-ridden trash with a convoluted UI and a lack of image quality as you mentioned.

Just view it in safari or get another app that acts as a youtube client/viewer