Can't view full size pictures on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jonathon91, May 8, 2012.

1. jonathon91, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012

jonathon91 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to transfer photos I have taken on my DSLR from Macbook to iPad but they keep being resized to much smaller files, resulting in approx 1cm thick boarders on the top and bottom of the photo. However, photos I have taken on an iPhone 4S show full size on the iPad. Strange..

Is anyone able to suggest a solution for this? I've tried everything from resizing to importing on the CCK but the photos from my DSLR can't seem to be viewed at their full size. I've attached an example of how it looks on the iPad.

Thanks in advance.

**ISSUE SOLVED**

I didn't understand that the photos and my iPad have different aspect ratios. The photos will need to be cropped to display fullscreen on the iPad.

Full thread here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3936959?tstart=0

Attached Files:

2. davidhood macrumors newbie

That thread you referenced is wrong. You don't need to change your images, you need to change the ipad viewing software.

Search the app store from a company call "photos" from smalltalk consulting.

With his app I have viewed photos up to 8000x8000.

3. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

This magical app changes the aspect ratio of your iPad? Because that clearly is the issue here.

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

If you double-tap on the image, it displays full-size. :rolleyes: