can't view mac partition in bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by amateurist, Oct 23, 2013.

1. amateurist macrumors newbie

i just got a new imac with a 1tb fusion drive and just finished installing windows 7, but now i can't seem to access my mac partition from windows, it works fine the other way around.

i've seen a few people mentioning this issue in the past and i wonder if a solution has been found yet for this problem??

thanks!

2. Quackers macrumors 6502a

3. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Maybe you have encrypted with filevault?

4. amateurist thread starter macrumors newbie

i did install the bootcamp drivers yes,

the cause of this problem seems to be the fusion drive, as discussed here:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5256569

but most of the threads i found on this issue are a bit old so i was hoping a solution had been found by now and i just installed something wrong?
    so is anyone with bootcamp on a 1tb fusion drive able to access their mac partition in windows??

5. murphychris macrumors 6502a

Apple would need to implement CoreStorage logical volume management within Windows in order to provide access to a fusion drive, and I don't think they've done this and it seems unlikely that they would.

6. amateurist thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, well i really hope they will because it doesn't work for me like this.
    i used to save all my files in windows on my mac partition to make it easier to back up with time machine, but now i have to do multiple backups disks.. urgh