Resolved can't view more than one app/window at same time?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TekGuy, Mar 17, 2015.

1. TekGuy, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015

TekGuy macrumors member

Hi,

For the past few days when for example i have more than one app open chrome, mail etc for example, before i could view both chrome and mail app windows on screen at same time, however not sure what's happened but regardless of what apps/windows i have open i can only view one window at a time, I don't remember changing or altering anything, its the rMBP in my sig and latest version 10.10.2

thanks for any help.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Do you have them open in full screen mode? Are you able to resize the windows?

What happens if you push the "esc" key in one of the windows?

3. TekGuy, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015

TekGuy thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

I can resize them and no they aren't in full screen mode. Still having problem, when i click from one app to another, or any other window Yosemite will only show one window at a time and the other will just kind of dissapear (minimize without the genie effect). Hitting escape key when i have a active window does nothing. Really frustrating as i can only view one window at a time.

Thank you.

4. TekGuy thread starter macrumors member

Great i found out the problem, I had cDock installed and decided to just use default built in to Yosemite as I have gotten used to it now. There's a setting in cDock "Single App Mode", although before i stopped using cDock I reset cDock to default and choose none then applied then removed it from startup for some reason the setting "Single App Mode" must have still been applied. I decided to load up cDock, do another cDock reset and selected none again, this time "Single App Mode" was not selected and now it's back to normal :D

Cheers

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Ahhhh, glad to see you were able to figure it out...