Cant view video received by email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by REZENX, Jul 30, 2008.

1. REZENX macrumors newbie

Hey guys tried searching but could not find answer to. In my 2g iPhone I was able to view videos that were emailed to me however when I try to open them in my 3g iPhone it says cannot play video, any info or help will be appreciated ..thanks in advance

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

they need to be in an iphone friendly format

3. REZENX thread starter macrumors newbie

thank u for your reply however how come Iam able to view them in my 1st gen iPhone? .3g2 format?

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

hmmm odd
    i have no idea, although apparently .3gp is supported by GSM phones (like the iphone) and .3g2 is used by CDMA based phones...
    all i could think of is to convert it to another format. sorry

5. REZENX thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah thats right videos that are taken by CDMA phones are .3g2 I had my gf send me a vid using her phone (since I was always able to view them just no sound) and when I check my email with my 1st gen it plays it but not with the 3g iPhone... thats weird.. thanks again

6. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Well, that settles it; time for a new girlfriend ;) :D

But yes, it does seem silly that the iPhone can't play other cell phone made movies that are in Apple's own Quicktime format.. I realize the settings/codecs in use are different, but you'd think they'd have included them since it's their own software.

7. REZENX thread starter macrumors newbie