Cant view youtube videos on eMac

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by CurtisEnergizer, Mar 15, 2010.

1. CurtisEnergizer macrumors member

Hello.
    I have recently purchased a good ol eMac with 1ghz processor, 1Gb RAM and Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11. I would like to watch youtube videos and just surf the web. But when i go to watch youtube videos they are all choppy and glichy. I dont watch them in HD.

Is there any way i can watch them like in a different player. It does not matter if they are not in HD i just want to be able to watch them smoothly.
    I have also installed flash player 10 and nothing has changed.

Any help will be much appreciated.

2. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

you need flashplayer 9, flashplayer 10 is made for a lot fater computers like imac i7 , it just hogs up the whole system , more a virus then a player and watch them in window not in fullscreen , about a quater size of your screen and the movie plays fine
    here another way of watching them , and best way if you want to watch them fullscreen
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070420014456930

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

4. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Its funny, but I did some testing on my 1.25ghz G4 Mac at home, and Flash 10 ran significantly smoother for watching video's at both Youtube and Hulu compared to Flash 9. I suggest you try both and see which runs faster. However, your best bet would be to avoid flash all together.

5. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

it is funny as i did test it in fact i had flashplayer 10 first installed on my eMac and nearly none of the youtube videos played in a way you could watch them , most of them did not even start to load , so i installed flashplayer 9 again and with the effect all play smoothly even on my iMac G3 they play all smoothly with flashplayer9 (apart from hd videos which i dont need and dont want on a computer, if i want hd videos i watch them in my blueray player and watch them on tv)

6. CurtisEnergizer thread starter macrumors member

Ok so im going to install adobe flash player 9. Bu t cant find it. All i can find is just updates to it. But i just want the straight flash player 9. Can i please have a link

7. CurtisEnergizer thread starter macrumors member

I just installed flash player 9 and the videos work GREAT!!!!!!!!
    I am so happy!
    Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I noticed that on my imac g4 800mhz with 768mb of RAM, every non hd youtube video (using flash player 10) runs without any problems BUT HD (only 360p) is tolerable but with skipped frames (but still viewable if your desperate enough to watch).

I just ordered a 17" iMac 1.25GHz model (I just love these flat panel swivel imac and I was hooked after the 15" but I wanted to buy the last model before it gets even older) and I hope that it can handle 480p youtube videos as I'd love to use the 17" iMac a little multimedia station (for music and youtube videos).

I kind of agree with you on the non hd video but I love being able to play hd content on a computer (its that much more pleasurable).

I have a macbook pro that I use to play h264 1080p movies connected to my sony bravia and its a joy to watch. Also watching tv shows on the macbook pro in 720p/1080i looks a millions times better than standard definition (looks so damn blurry!!).

9. alent1234 macrumors 603

eMac's are ancient. get a new computer. even at HTML5 it's still h.264 and requires CPU power to decode it