Cant wait for 2012 or beyond refresh !!! the wait begins again !!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 8000rpm, Feb 24, 2011.

1. 8000rpm macrumors regular

Cant wait until the next refresh. hopefully it wil have ivybridge, a better gpu, liquid metal finish, ssd for os and larger cheaper and faster ssd options and more.

I needed a usb on the right side. i wanted a different look or exterior changes. nada. not happy with the 17" although the gpu upgrade isnt too bad. 128 ssd cost me like $600 back on the late 09 17", now its $90. Not bad but 128 is too small. the 256 is still 450 more than base which is alot. Even dell charges less than $600 on the alienware for 256 which has a better samsung unit.

I really wanted osx. I really did. But with a dissapointing list of changes Im going to pass.

2. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Can't you give it a few weeks at least? :p
    Most people don't need the power of anything beyond a Core 2 Duo...
    Ivybridge is a long way off, and the new higher end GPU's are good.

3. dime21 macrumors 6502

The new high end GPU is a really good one, the new quad core cpu's are the first time a 45w TDP processor has been used in MBP. SSD's are commodity items, same price everywhere, has nothing to do with this MBP.

USB on the right side is stupid, it interferes with mousing - ports on the right side are one of the biggest complaints I have about my 2006 MBP.

What exactly were you hoping for? I find the new updates outstanding, better than what I was hoping for!