Can't wait for iPhone 5 ); First time iphone user!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattMJB0188, Mar 27, 2011.

1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

Dec 28, 2009
    Still sporting a Blackberry Curve 8900 after 2 years. I know the iPhone 5 will be announced early June and ship late June or July but is anyone else getting really inpatient lol? I want this damn phone now!!!!

Been reading several different sources and all claim different things. So is it going to get a resolution increase? Larger screen? 64GB model? I have played with Android and one thing I love about Android is the live wallpaper and customization. I know Apple is big on battery life but why not give the user the option to use live wallpaper? I wish there were other keyboards available, such as smartkeyboard pro.

Will definitely be getting my first iPhone this summer!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
  2. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    Sounds like you would be happier with a 'droid
    Not likely the next iPhone will have many if any of the features you desire
  3. iApples macrumors 65816

Mar 24, 2011
    If you want live wallpapers you could always jailbreak.. but let me add it does KILL your battery life. I rather enjoy my 3 days of normal usage per charge instead of having to charge every night or even multiple times a day for a wallpaper thats live.

Welcome to the good side. ;) I know you'll enjoy your first ever iPhone. Brings back so many memories.
  4. seppler macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2008
    I don't think it will be getting (or needing) a resolution increase, just because judging by their history it would require a 1920x1280 on an iPhone sized screen...

But congrats on switching to the platform :)
  5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Jun 30, 2008
    Glad you're excited, but you may want to manage your expectations a little before it comes out.
  6. Apple 26.2 macrumors 6502a

Apple 26.2

Jan 1, 2011
    What up, 212?!
    I guess it isn't too early to talk about the 5, but come on man, no one knows what the updates/improvements will be.
  7. kdarling macrumors demi-god

Jun 9, 2007
    First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Sounds like jailbreakers are doing it poorly... or you sit and watch your homescreen for an hour at a time :)

If it's like Android, the wallpaper only runs if you're looking at the homescreens. That's not really often for most people. A few seconds here and there to check out a widget, or to choose an app.

One Android live wallpaper I have has only used 43 seconds of CPU time in a week. I think I've seen a more lively one use like 3 minutes' worth during a week (12 minutes a month). Not exactly a heavy battery usage.
  8. L I G H T I N G macrumors regular

Feb 16, 2011
    Same although i wont be getting the iphone 5, it will provide great insight in to what the itouch5 will hold.
  9. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

Dec 28, 2009
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't implying it should come with live wallpaper, I just meant it would be nice to have the option. The one thing I am really looking forward to is having a quality made phone. The myTouch 4G and Samsung Vibrant 4G I had were ok but nothing comes close to the iPhone 4's quality. I just got my first Mac last year and haven't looked back. The few Android devices I used would lag or hiccup sometimes. Browsing the web on m friend's iPhone 4 was night and day difference from the Android browser. I'm not saying anything bad about the android browser, I'm just saying its much smoother on the iphone, which is a huge factor for me.
  10. AmereckanPsycho macrumors member

Mar 24, 2011
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm very impatient for the next iPhone as well. I was excited for the iPhone 4 but I passed on it because of all its issues. I've been sick of my 3GS for over a year (I bought it at launch). It's time for something new. I will never go the BB or Android route.
  11. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

Dec 28, 2009
    At least you have an iphone lol. I'd use a 3GS til the 5 came out. :)
  12. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Aug 17, 2010
    In America
    You're lucky, i've had my iPhone 3G since the launch day in 2008.
    I skipped the 3GS and 4.
    I'm finally going to be updating because my phone is too slow, it's unusable

And i gotta say, the iPhone 5 rumors look mighty nice, and i won't be updating for a long time.
    A5 Dual Core CPU, upgraded GPU, 4" Screen, NFC, tweaked design (antenna fix possibly), and most importantly a revamped iOS 5.

At this point, until the iPhone starts using Quad Cores, the iPhone 5 will have the greatest longevity.