Can't Wait For My 6+ Battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

After a light work day and average use on my iPhone 5c.

Can't wait for that big battery on the 6+

Attached Files:

2. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

This is the number one reason I'm purchasing an iPhone 6+. It will be great not to have to carry a charger with me every where I go.

3. wannabepcuser macrumors member

I wouldn't get to excited about battery life. We still haven't seen any real world reviews of battery life.

4. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

If the battery is ANY better than my 5 then I'll be happy, because my 5's battery? It sucks.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

100% agree. So excited to see how well it does. :D

:apple:

6. recklesslife85 macrumors 6502

recklesslife85

Same, Macworld claim it does have 2gb of ram now also. Time will tell. Battery on my 5S is horrid.

7. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Apple has always been pretty conservative with their estimates, I'm sure it's better than any iPhone to date.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Lol I don't even get a full day of battery life on my 5 right now. I have to charge around 3pm or so

9. Cryates macrumors 65816

This

10. Rlong405 macrumors member

Is it eligible for free battery replacement under the recall?

11. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    truly?
    I get morning to evening with my 5S and mostly have 35% - 50% battery left by then.
    turning off auto refresh for all apps makes quite a difference, though I still allow Mail to do its thing, as per default settings.
    I'm presuming you are constantly using your phone during the day?
    watching video clips, making lots of calls, and such?

12. recklesslife85 macrumors 6502

recklesslife85

Yeah I make a few calls and a lot of browsing and texting. I miss my note 3 to be honest but hoping the 6 Plus fixes the problem for me.

13. DelMac macrumors regular

Same here. Can't wait for all day music streaming to my new bluetooth Sony stereo earbuds I just ordered.

14. iScone macrumors 6502

iScone

My 5S used to run all day and so will my 6. The Plus has an amazing battery, but you pay for that by carrying around a brick.

15. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

yeah, on opposite day.

They always give numbers considering you being on top of a cell phone tower in the clear blue sky. The numbers they give seem to be overinflated most of the time.... I can achieve those numbers if I turn cellular data off!!

----------

This will probably be the case though... There was a point in time where the iPhone 4 typically got a better battery life than the 4s in my small sample size of family and friends. But other than that, it's gotten marginally better, generation after generation.

16. FrozenInferno macrumors regular

Some of that bigger battery will get cancelled out by a bigger screen and thus bigger backlight. If you are constantly draining your phones by the afternoon I don't think you're safe to suddenly leave your charger at home until this battery proves itself in real world use.

Battery usage is different for everybody. I use my 5S a lot too but rarely plug it in at night with less than 25% remaining. Only a few times a month do I have to charge during the day to top up the battery and its only during a slow day at work where my phone struggles to get a decent 3G signal.

Now if only Apple started filling the space gained in engineering with larger batteries instead of making thinner phones...

17. Braddrum macrumors 6502

Braddrum

I've ordered the 6 plus and while I'm expecting better battery life than my current 5, isn't the larger battery just going to be cancelled out by the larger screen etc?

18. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

No. Screen increase is around 89% from the 5s. Although the screen is typically the number 1 power drain, on an Android phone you can see exactly how much. Typically it used 25-35% of the phones battery (OS, wifi, bluetooth, cellular data, apps, gps follow behind). So with an 89% increase in screen size, we are looking at a 26.7% (.3*89) increase in screen energy consumption, assuming everything is linear (which it isn't and will likely be less).

Now the 6 Plus has around 86% increase in battery capacity. There will definitely be a noticeable difference in battery life.

Also take into account the CPU is more energy efficient as well.

19. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I just got in the SoundBlaster Roar (small bluetooth speaker). It's incredible for the price. Highly recommend it.

:apple:

20. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

In addition to what appledes7 said, you have to consider that activities not involving the screen (background push/sync/updates, listening to music, talking on the phone by your ear, etc.) will have a lot more juice to work with, so the screen doesn't even come into play.

That's why on Apple's spec sheet for the 6 Plus, you see great battery life increases in 3G talk and music playback.

21. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Yep, we should see a considerable increase in battery life when the phone's screen is used sparingly. Stand-by time will be awesome, talk time very good, basically anything that doesn't involve the screen should see substantial increases. With the screen on, battery life will probably be nearly the same as previous generations, however simply because the phone has more pixels to push and a larger area of backlight to illuminate. That's just physics.

All in all, it should be a great upgrade in battery life. Just don't expect to play games all day and have it last considerably longer.