Can't wait for the next couple of weeks

Ironman1964

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Normally by this time of year I have slowed down my visits to Macrumors, as the new phones have come out and all is well. This year however, being one of the idiots who "settled" for the unwanted stepchild (8+), am so looking forward to all the hilarious (intended or otherwise) posts to come. Week 1, starting this Friday at 12:01 am, will be filled with paranoia and hyperbole. People camping on flight schedules, carrier route information, southbound migratory bird patterns that might affect flight times. Folks who are "insiders" with all sorts of information that the rest if us commoners could never have. This of course will carry on well past week 1 depending on the reality of available stock. Then week 2 will begin for the ones lucky enough to receive their phones on or close to launch day. And let me say that I in no way want the X to fail, or be problematic, because I am counting on the next version in fall 2018. I am just looking forward to all the endless positive and negative opinions to flood the forum. Things like " When I set my phone up I had just had a session at glamour shots, and now face recognition doesn't work because in reality I am much uglier first thing in the morning". Anyway, just anxiously awaiting all the fun that is going to come in the next few weeks. Thanks in advance :)

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
I predict the following general sentiments throughout the forums:

Midnight prerelease: I GOT MINE, or, I GOT SCREWED. Within 48 hours of Nov 3: It's on X flight from Y in China yippee I can't wait, or, Z courier screwed up. Within 24 hours after Nov 3: It's so beautiful, or, Is it normal for "this" to happen, or, Why is my new phone so slow. Throw in a smattering of the camera capabilities with pictures of pets and children, people complaining about portrait lighting doing awful things to/around their hair. Yellow tint. The glue hasn't dried. You're holding it wrong. Spotlight indexing. Haven't had the phone a day and I already dropped it and the screen shattered WTF Apple your stuff sucks. Why is the phone so thin? Why is the phone so heavy?

Yes, be sure to have your popcorn ready, the show starts next Friday.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Normally by this time of year I have slowed down my visits to Macrumors, as the new phones have come out and all is well. This year however, being one of the idiots who "settled" for the unwanted stepchild (8+), am so looking forward to all the hilarious (intended or otherwise) posts to come. Week 1, starting this Friday at 12:01 am, will be filled with paranoia and hyperbole. People camping on flight schedules, carrier route information, southbound migratory bird patterns that might affect flight times. Folks who are "insiders" with all sorts of information that the rest if us commoners could never have. This of course will carry on well past week 1 depending on the reality of available stock. Then week 2 will begin for the ones lucky enough to receive their phones on or close to launch day. And let me say that I in no way want the X to fail, or be problematic, because I am counting on the next version in fall 2018. I am just looking forward to all the endless positive and negative opinions to flood the forum. Things like " When I set my phone up I had just had a session at glamour shots, and now face recognition doesn't work because in reality I am much uglier first thing in the morning". Anyway, just anxiously awaiting all the fun that is going to come in the next few weeks. Thanks in advance :)
I'm not taking away from your expectations in the next few weeks, but that's what forums are for. Naturally you're going to have those to complain, praise and criticize the things they do and don't like about a new product. But Face ID should be the one of the most interesting topics.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
I predict the following general sentiments throughout the forums:

Midnight prerelease: I GOT MINE, or, I GOT SCREWED. Within 48 hours of Nov 3: It's on X flight from Y in China yippee I can't wait, or, Z courier screwed up. Within 24 hours after Nov 3: It's so beautiful, or, Is it normal for "this" to happen, or, Why is my new phone so slow. Throw in a smattering of the camera capabilities with pictures of pets and children, people complaining about portrait lighting doing awful things to/around their hair. Yellow tint. The glue hasn't dried. You're holding it wrong. Spotlight indexing. Haven't had the phone a day and I already dropped it and the screen shattered WTF Apple your stuff sucks. Why is the phone so thin? Why is the phone so heavy?

Yes, be sure to have your popcorn ready, the show starts next Friday.
This reminds me of the 3 week wait before they release lsat scores. Anyone who has wrote the exam and followed online forums knows what I'm talking about. People get weird/crazy, I'll have my popcorn ready.

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

I have to say that the bifurcated launch has made for some entertaining forum reading, haha!!