Can't wait for the "waiting for my shipment" thread.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Remember how hyped that thread was two years ago? And waiting seemed so intense. It's about that time of year again lol.

Brb got 150$ pair of Bluetooth headphones just because my ship date got pushed back even tho I ordered right after midnight.

Hopefully the drama will be less this year and the servers work at midnight.

Can't wait for that thread.

2. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Can't wait to see how that one Macrumors user, hacks into Fedex and UPS to find out where iPhone shipments are currently sitting

3. comptr macrumors 65816

Ya I hope the servers work at midnight. I do not want a repeat of the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus where it took forever for the website to come up made it so that I had to stand in line for the phone.

4. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

5. comptr macrumors 65816

So did I but once is enough I would prefer to pre-order for in-store reservation or get it mailed to me instead of waiting in line.

6. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I agree, the line is so much fun! Definitely want to do that again sometime in the future :D

7. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Waiting for a purchase to ship and then tracking its progress is the grown-up version of waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve.

8. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

It IS that serious though lol

"The line experience" is so six years ago... :rolleyes:

9. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

At midnight, Im going to have my laptop set to WiFi, and my iPhone on LTE in case one or the other works better.

-going to reset the router approximately one hour before midnight just so its at max bandwidth smoothness
    -calling BofA ahead of time to pre-authorize the charge on my card so there are no random one in a million hiccups where it declines
    -calling off work the next day of course in case it takes hours after midnight

10. chrisforpm macrumors regular

I plan on reserving one to pick up in store first thing in the morning. I've waited in line, it was a great experience but I wouldn't do it again. Having it delivered drove me crazy waiting for UPS all day. I seemed to enjoy the reserve and pick up option best.

11. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Is all of that really necessary?

12. laudern macrumors 6502a

I can't wait to see people start to talk about the things that they will talk about while waiting in line for the new iPhone.

13. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

14. noobinator macrumors 601

This is the first year that we have UPS real time tracking. That should add to the fun.

15. HEK, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016

HEK Suspended

HEK

Hey Bobby, If you can't wait, why not start the thread now.

That way we can all see such comments as;

.......I have been waiting and received no word yet about shipment. At first I thought it was because I have not ordered it yet. But then realized it has to be either Apple's fault or AT&T.

........Something wrong with Apple app, I tried ordering new phone but it won't let me.

........Or the classic, I keep ordering the new iPhone from the Apple Store but it's all messed up, only shows last year's phones. Who else is having this problem. Urgent need help now.

........Customer service from Verizon is terrible, I called and the girl tried to tell me I couldn't order yet. Thinking I will switch to T-Mobile. I heard they have better customer service.

Perhaps it would be best if Apple switched to April 1st for new iPhone announcements. :rolleyes:

16. iPhaithful macrumors regular

iPhaithful

17. HEK Suspended

HEK

Just occurred to me that Capatain Kirk and Star Trek got the personal communicator all wrong. They should have shown everyone aboard the star ship Enterprise walking around with their communicators out texting each other, running into walls, hell no time for missions, just keep texting.

I was at airport yesterday and everyone, was standing, sitting, walking with nose stuck in their phones. It was comical to watch. The airport signs, attempting to direct people, were totally useless, as no one looked up from phone to read them.

18. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I would "like" this, but it's too disheartening.

19. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

What is real time UPS tracking like?

20. noobinator macrumors 601

21. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

22. noobinator macrumors 601

I was thinking more along the lines of stopping the truck in traffic and asking the driver to give them their iPhone even though they aren't scheduled for another 6 hours.

23. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

24. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

My favorite threads are the people who claim to have inside information regarding Iphone launch day numbers..they will say initial iphone shipments will be minimal and carriers will be minimal. I can't remember that clowns name who was all over these boards last year about 6S+ numbers being minimal and how At&T were getting small numbers.

2nd faviorite thread-"I ordered from At&T at 3:00:15 EST and my shpping date is a month out....I hate At&T" Only to get an email 2 days before launch date saying their order will be there on launch date..just like he previous years.

25. Pipper99, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016

Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I always enjoy following these threads as we wait for our shipments to arrive.