Cant wait to test the camara out! and screw with siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlackBook88, Oct 13, 2011.

1. BlackBook88 macrumors member

The iphone 4 camera was one of the best smart phone cameras and it was only a 5mp camera, I cant wait to see how well this 8MP with all new optics camera performs. The coolest thing is well always have a 1080p video recorder and top of the line camera on us at all times. O ya and I cant wait to fack with siri hahah thats gona be funny. Any idea what games I should download tomorrow to really test out the graphics of the a5 chip? only like 7 more hours until I'll have my iphone 4s.

2. 2010RS macrumors 6502

those extra 3MP will really be noticeable on the 3.5" screen

3. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

i'm sure there are other places to see the improvements such as maybe printing them? :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the improved optics plus stabilization in video

4. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Honestly, a faster lens and 1080p video seem more interesting to me than Siri - but I haven't used it yet so time will tell.

5. 2010RS macrumors 6502

unless you're printing them poster-size, those extra 3MP won't matter.

6. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Well, not always true - if you want to crop your pictures the extra resolution can come in handy.

7. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

And your point is what? No one should want to have the option of printing their photos poster size?

8. iDabble macrumors regular

Some people like to crop their photos, more mp help there. I'm really looking forward to the new camera and video.

Siri is whatever. I doubt I'll use it but it's nice to have the option

9. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

I like to show off photo's I've taken from my phone on my tv, granted the TV can only display 1080x1960 or whatever it is, my pictures are often zoomed pictures. The iphone DOES have the option to zoom, but it's digital rather than optical, so yeah, those extra 3 mp matter when you want to zoom. I hate cynical asses.

10. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

3 more WILL matter!

Those of you who think and are saying that three more megapixels will not matter, well your wrong. It will be a decent jump in resolution, I'm a photographer and I've had years of experience with cameras and their sensors. You will be able to crop more and still have a decent photo, sure 3mp is not huge, but coming from 5 to 8 will be noticeable, approx 60% more sensor area. The optics are just as important along with the f/ratio. However when the sensor gets to a certain size (mp), you will eventually get into the law of deminishing returns in term of resolution and detail. Remember it's the quality & size of the pixels that make the image better. The iPhones lens however is tiny still, and some distant objects will not be resolved too well, unlike my Nikon D3 when used with the 85mm f/1.4G lens which delivers great resolution and clarity. But as for the cell phone camera, yeah, this will be a nice jump in quality and clarity. Especially with the new style backlit sensor, which takes in more light and color. I'm anxious to take some HDR shots with the new camera. You can see full resolution samples from this camera on Apple's website. I've looked at them on my 15-inch MacBook pro and compared the 5mp, this 8mp is much better, I noticed the difference right away.