Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi
Well, I was able to pre-order yesterday. I spent most of my day at work trying the online pre-ordering, only leaving me in frustration. I decided to take half a day off to go to the AT&T store and pre-order. I got my pre-orer in at 2:50PM CST, which means I should have made the cut-off for the June 24th delivery date.

Well, that's great and all, but I still can't get any work done. I'm so excited to get a new phone. I currently have a BlackBerry Curve 8330 from Sprint that freezes up all the time (only 4 months old, but it's a refurb from my HTC Touch Pro that broke). The closest thing I have had to the iPhone 4 is my 1st Generation 8GB iPod Touch, and let me tell you, it's past its prime, especially with iOS 4.

I wonder if I'll get any work done this week or next, or if I'll even make it until next Thursday before I totally crack from excitement.

Dear Ryan Nazaretian,

Thank you for ordering iPhone 4 from AT&T. Your device has been reserved. Today was the busiest sales day in our history. Because of the incredible volume of orders we received, there is a slight chance that some customers may receive their devices between June 25 and June 28. Rest assured, we are doing all we can to ship devices to customers for delivery on the 24th. You do not need to take any action at this point.

As soon as your device ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience. In the meantime, you can check the status of your order on our website at any time by clicking here or by calling our automated system at 1-877-782-8870.

From the email, it seems like AT&T is going to deliver them on the 24th. It seems like all I've been hearing is that they will only ship on the 24th.

*Fingers crossed*

I don't know what I'm going to try to do first on the iPhone (besides activation).

I can't wait!

What is everyone's thoughts?

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi
I'm excited for you.

No! I want to know the thoughts of everyone else getting one? How will you survive? I have terrible self control on technology things, so I'm going to be a total mess by the end of next week. One thing is for sure, I'll be all caught up on everything about the iPhone 4, inside and out.

:D

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I'm excited to be getting the new iPhone 4, but I will never be as excited over an iPhone as I was waiting in line for the Original iPhone back in 2007.

that day changed technology history, but the new iPhone 4 is just a refresh of an already great product.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
I reserved, didn't get confirmation email, called apple they told me I'm not in their records, so I'm gonna wait in line, I no longer have a reserved iPhone :(

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I actually got a little over-zealous. I've now been on hold for almost 20 minutes waiting to cancel my second iPhone set to be delivered on the 24th.

One order shows being completed at 6:16 and the other at 7:30 but I don't remember actually getting through until about 9:30. Strange...

RoarinRow

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
I actually got a little over-zealous. I've now been on hold for almost 20 minutes waiting to cancel my second iPhone set to be delivered on the 24th.

One order shows being completed at 6:16 and the other at 7:30 but I don't remember actually getting through until about 9:30. Strange...

I know what you mean. I tried and tried that I accidentally ordered two that went through.

PLamarine

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Central MA
Thrilled! I am more so than I was for the 3GS launch last June, and it was my first iPhone. For me, I am most excited about the 720p video...hoping it is as good as the Flip Ultra HD (hoping it is better, actually, but will be happy with "as good as").

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.