Can't wake up

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by frankiepdx, Mar 9, 2008.

1. frankiepdx macrumors regular

frankiepdx

We have 2 refurbished MacBooks running Leopard and have the same issue with both of them. When they go to sleep there have been times where they will not start up. Either opened or closed.

I hold down the power to restart because it feels like there's nothing else I can do to get out of sleep. This has only happened twice on each of them but it is an issue that seems like it may be my fault.

One is a year old and one is a month old.

2. Kalafut macrumors regular

Kalafut

when i try to wake my macbook from sleep i have to hit the enter key a couple of times and wait about 30 sec for it to wake to, just give a sec.

3. MM07 macrumors 6502a

4. frankiepdx thread starter macrumors regular

frankiepdx

I'll try to work on my patience. Is there any explanation on why it would even do that. It starts right up 99% of the time.

5. bobriot macrumors member

My refurb macbook Alu does this as well, very strange

6. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Actually, same exact thing happened to me recently. The thing is that I'd only left my Macbook for a few minutes, so there was no reason for it to even be asleep in the first place. The white light was glowing so I knew it didn't shut down or anything, and I ended up just pushing the power button too, since nothing else worked. :confused: