can't watch google videos on macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by furcalchick, May 17, 2008.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i've noticed this recently, but when i try to watch a google hosted video on google.com on my macbook, all that comes up is a blank screen. it's only been happening to me for about a few months, before, it was viewing them fine. my macbook views youtube videos and everything else google perfectly fine, but it just can't get google videos to show up, and the search engine is wacky as well. can someone tell me if there is something going on here, because it does this with the safari and vienna browsers, but it shows up fine on the windows machines. thanks.

2. dizzlemizzle macrumors member

have you tried it in firefox, camino, or opera? it sounds like more of a browser issue than hardware issue.

3. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

nope. haven't downloaded the browsers on my computer. but i know it's likely not a safari only problem, as it cops out on my vienna browser.

4. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

I use real player downloader which is quite good, but there are also web based options eg keepvid and loads of others.

Have you tried to right-click, save as and see if that works??

5. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

it looks like someone has the exact same problem as me at google groups. i think it's partially due to google neglect that this is happening.:mad: