Carrier Can't we all just get along?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ironman1964, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Ironman1964 macrumors regular

Ironman1964

Why do we as apple users have to divide ourselves over the X and the 8's? Both are great phones and we each have our reasons for choosing what we are getting. Bashing one that hasn't even been held and used by the general public is silly, and bashing one that is tried and true also silly.

2. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

It's a great point. & you see it everywhere online; childish put-downs between those who purchase opposing brands &, as you say, those even buying different models by the same brand.

Pretty sad & degenerative....

3. JohnApples macrumors 65816

This is nothing new, sadly. Forming "tiers" of users happens every year as its apparently human nature to find a reason to rank yourself above others based on the product you choose.

It happened with the 6 vs 6 Plus, Sport AW vs Stainless steel, matte black 7 vs jet black, SE vs bigger sized phones. It happens beyond that though: see Android vs iOS, Mac vs PC, even PS4 vs Xbox, etc etc.

It'll die down in a few months once we all have a new iPhone and the next rumors start rolling in.

4. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Because this place reeks of congnitive dissonance and "look at me!!!" types.

Get with the groupthink or get out. There's no place for rational and logical discussion here.

5. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

Who cares? Those who find the need to put down others because of the products they purchase are generally just insecure about themselves.

6. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

If it wasn't an iPhone model it would be mac vs iPad, if its mac, it would then be air vs pro, or in the iPad forum 10.5 vs 12.9, or..... the list just goes on and on.

Why do apple users feel compelled to bitch at windows from 20 years ago?
    its just what it is... people have to be "it's all about me and you will listen me, but I'm not listening to you".

7. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Everybody's got to love each other
    Stop throwin' stones at your sisters and your brothers
    Man, it wasn't that long ago we were all living in the jungle
    So why do we gotta put each other down
    When there's more than enough love to g-g-go around?

It's just a phone and a few hundred dollar difference between the two. People need to chill.

8. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

It's hard not to care because, online, they dominate proceedings & take away from what would otherwise be a decent forum.

9. bufffilm, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

I personally don't care if people are pro-ip8/+ or pro-ipX. Or if you prefer Android or Windows either for that matter.

Buy the phone that you like and can afford and live your life. Who cares what phones your family, friends, coworkers, etc are using?

My brother uses Android. My sister uses iOS. See what I mean? I don't care what choices other people make.

I'm not smarter or more stupid than someone else based on my phone choice.

This forum and everything else on the Internet is just a small part of life.

10. stabile007 macrumors regular

stabile007

Problem is people have a tendency to want to validate their position. Heck people argue over Chicago Pizza and New York Pizza. I think its a human tendency to want to feel secure in our decisions mostly as a result of not feeling secure in our decisions.

Not saying its right. I am much like you: I don't care about the console wars, car brands, even technlogical preferences. Many mature products have their place and new things deserve a fair shake but there is a difference between being constructively critical and just being mean. Sadly I see a lot of people just being mean more often then not I think that is because the internet tends to be anonoymous so people can get away with it and feel bigger themselves as a result.

11. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

Because this is the internet. There will always be a divide, the black vs the whites (iPhone colours just to be clear!!!). The regular vs the Plus, the Jet Black vs the OMG why would anyway want a scratched up finger printy jet black. This year it's the 8 vs X.
    People who spend too much time online often forget its ok for people to have an opinion thats different to them. They feel the need to bulldoze and force their opinion on to others as fact. Just go on to a PS4 or Xbox forum.

12. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

Well if you're talking about out in public, you can't really tell the difference between the 6,7 or 8 physically so it shouldn't be a problem.

13. Trash Can macrumors member

You can throw the cell phone carriers into this discussion. I don't care who you have. I only care if my carrier works for me.

14. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

In all fairness, it went both ways :p

15. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

I dont recall MS doing TV ads poking fun back in the day... o_O

16. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Correction. Its just a phone.

17. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

Your first post was about "Apple users", to which I responded that Windows users kind did the same thing. I don't put TV ads* in the same category as users.

*they were rather funny by the way. ;)

18. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Carriers are a big part of cell phones and how well they operate. But I would also say it's based on coverage with the carriers as well. But ultimately, it does frustrate the process if you're not receiving good service.