Can't write to NTFS drive over network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dhelsdon, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Hey,

I have a 2TB NTFS drive with TV shows and movies on it connected to my mac mini which is shared over the network so I can stream to my WD TV Live via PS3 Media Server, I unsuccessfully tried writing to the drive over the network from my macbook pro.

I know that NTFS is unsupported and what not, I am pretty sure I have paragon installed on my macbook pro.

How can I successfully write to the drive over the network?

Do I need to install paragon on the mac mini too, or am I out of luck with copying files to the drive over the network. Reformatting the drive isn't really an option as I don't have anywhere to backup the files without a lot of hassle.

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you have Paragon installed on the mini with the drive directly connected to it, you should be able to read and write to it over the network. However, if the computer that the drive is directly attached to can't write, neither can other computers over the network. To prove this, connect the drive directly to your MBP and share it. Then see if you can write to the shared drive from the mini.